Menu

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Truth Tuesday


  • Connor was sick a couple weeks ago and requiring the majority of my attention. During one of those busy days, Claire asked me for a cup of milk. "Mama, could I have some milk?" I immediately said, "Yes, Sweetie." and handed it to her. She looked at me, shocked, and said, "WHAT? You're supposed to say 'Just a second, Claire.'" Needless to say, after that I tried to give her a little more attention. :(
  • I try to eat my lunch when the kids are distracted with something else. The other day, I loaded up my plate with food and sat down to eat. I took my first bite of celery and Claire SPRINTED across the room yelling, "MOM CAN I HAVE ONE OF YOUR CHIPS?!" Apparently I need to cut back on the chips and eat more celery.
  • Claire's vocabulary is way beyond her years. She shocks me every day with the words she uses:
    • I printed out a Star Wars coloring page and handed it to Claire (without her asking for it). "Woah Mom! I didn't expect that to happen!"
    • Claire had her dance recital last week. We were asking her what she thought of it. Mom: "How did you like dancing on stage?" Claire: "I simply loved it. I want to do the same thing tomorrow at dance class!"
    • Claire asked if she could do a craft so I told her to take off her shoes and go sit up to the table. A minute later I hear her say, "Mom! I'm all situated! Will you bring me my craft now?"
    • I asked Claire to go make her bed because her big pink blanket was thrown on the floor. She comes back a minute later and says, "I put my brown blanket away as well, because it was on the floor as well."
    • I asked Claire what she wanted to do after nap time. "Let's play with toys. Such as Merida, Ariel, Aurora or Play Doh."
    • We went to the doctor to get Claire's cast put on. Once she was sitting in the exam room, I handed her a candy necklace. She turns to me and asks, "Is this to distract me?"
    • Last week I made breakfast for both the kids and set oatmeal in front of Claire. She peeks into the bowl and says, " Aaaw. I was expecting cereal. Oh well."
    • Claire's favorite food is spaghetti. The other day, we dished her up a plate and gave it to her. Apparently there wasn't enough sauce because she asked, "Could I have some more of that mixture?"
    • I told Claire that I was going to nurse Connor and put him down for a nap, and that I'd be back in a couple minutes to play with her. She gave a pouty face and said, "Ugh. You never keep me company."
  • Her advanced vocabulary cracks me up. But sometimes it's even funnier when she misuses words:
    • Claire was asking to play with me while Connor was crying (I found out later he was feeling sick). I told Claire, "Hold on. Connor needs my attention for a minute." She replied, "But Mo-om. I ran out of attention!"
    • Richie, Claire and I were playing during Connor's nap. Claire asked, "Mom, Dad? Are you guys going to do the hunky punky?" Richie and I gave each other the please-don't-mean-what-I-think-that-means-look. Claire did a couple awkward dance moves and we realized that she meant the hokey pokey.
    • Claire and I were playing board games one day before nap. I told her it was time to go to bed and she asked if we could play them again next week. I told her we could play board games anytime. She looked shocked and asked, "We can play board games? Even when we're not bored?"
    • We have to get creative to get Claire to eat her peas (she hates them). Normally I'll let her use a tooth pick to eat them. One day I handed her a dinner plate (with peas on it). She looked up at me and said, "Mom, you forgot my pook stick." We went back and forth a couple times before she could pronounce "tooth pick" correctly.
  • The other day Connor was starting to get grouchy while Richie was holding him. I told him that Connor was probably hungry and that I'd go nurse him. Claire gave Richie a look of pity and said, "Sorry Daddy. When you're big like Mom you can make milk."
  • Claire wears pull-ups at night. In the morning, our routine is to have her take them off herself and throw them away in the diaper genie. One morning I was sitting on the floor next to her while she started pulling down her pajama bottoms. She looks over at me and says, "Mama, you don't want to see this."
  • We were deciding what to have for dinner and asked Claire if spaghetti sounded good. She puffed out her chest and said, "Spaghetti is a feast I can't stand in the least!"
Merry Christmas everybody!

2 comments:

sNick said...

OH MY. This is killing me! Is anyone on this planet funnier than Claire?!

Becky said...

Best laugh I've had in a long time!! I love that girl!!