Menu

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Truth Tuesday

It's about time I did a Truth Tuesday. Agreed? Here we go...
  • Have you guys seen these floating around the internet before? The pictures of men carrying in groceries in only one trip? Check 'em out...





  • Well, I see them all the time. And i'm never impressed by them. Carry 20 grocery bags, a diaper bag, and a screaming toddler. THEN I'll be impressed. 
  • I hate when I'm staring out the passenger window of a car and accidentally make eye contact with someone in a car right next to me. I always just find a spot right over their shoulder and stare intently there. I think the stoplight always stays red for extra long when this happens. Does anyone else do this? Just me?
  • Going grocery shopping takes twice as long when you have an adorable daughter. Every single person in the store wants to say "hi" to her and tell you how cute she is. I guess I could have worse problems. :)
  • I take Claire to feed the ducks on our street most days. We normally take bread, but one day she asked if the ducks could have crackers instead. I obviously couldn't say no to such a cute kid, so we took some crackers. Once we started walking down the road, she started wolfing down the crackers. Sneaky little kid. 
  • Claire has an obsession with yellow buses right now. She takes her little yellow bus to bed every night and we do her yellow bus puzzle every morning. Once we get in a car, she says "Yellow bus. Yellow bus. Yellow bus. Yellow bus." over and over again until she sees a yellow bus. This wasn't a problem until school got out and all the buses disappeared. Now she just sounds like a broken record anytime we drive anywhere. Hopefully summer school will start soon or something. :)
  • I got my braces off in 9th grade and like most people, got a retainer. The orthodontist let me pick the color and any designs I wanted to be on it. I chose a pink retainer with a yellow rubber ducky in the middle of it. Once I told the dental assistant what my choice was going to be, she told me that I shouldn't get the rubber duck because once I was older and more "mature," I wouldn't want a rubber duck on my retainer. I still regret, to this day, not getting a ducky on my retainer. 
  • I just placed quotation marks around the word mature. I'm not sure how much I should read into that.
I hope everyone enjoyed my word vomit tonight. Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

Heather Richardson said...

I think the ducky retainer sounds like an excellent idea. lol. And the grocery thing, haha, so true! Whenever I am leaving somewhere and people see me walk out carrying a diaper bag, baby carseat and sometimes a toddler, they say, "oh do you need some help?" ha ha...I do this every day.