Menu

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Truth Tuesday

Hey everyone! Have you guys noticed that I haven't blogged in a while? Well, it's been a few weeks. I'm sorry! Life has been busy. Plus, my computer crashed and my hard drive was TOAST. Luckily Richie got all my pictures (all 8000 of them) and everything else off the computer. We also were out of town for 4 days last week. Like I said--life's been a little crazy! Without any more delay, here's a long awaited TT:
  • PLEASE click on THIS LINK. It gives the 31 reasons why I hate soccer. I will never get into soccer. Ever. 
  • I carry a calculator around in my purse. Not just a 4-function calculator, but a fully functional graphing calculator. 
  • We have two Christmas trees. One of them is decorated with a peacock theme. Pics to come. They're both so cute.
  • Everyone should watch this video. It's so great.
  • Sometimes, when I'm alone, I'll start talking in a sing-song voice without thinking.
 "Mommy's grabbing some water out of the fridge right now."
"Mommy's going to go potty really quick."
"What should Mommy have for lunch?
I talk to Claire all day, so when she goes to bed, the talking continues, and I end up talking to myself like a crazy person.


We all have lazy things that we do (or rather, don't do). Here's a few things I do to save an extra millisecond off my day:
  • I don't pick up Claire's toe/fingernail clippings. They're SO tiny. I just clip her nails, brush off my lap, and go about my day. 
  • I never properly clean my waffle iron. I just wipe it out with a damp paper towel and tuck it away. Anyone want to come over for waffles?
  • This isn't about me, it's about Richie. But recently, we were walking around outside and Claire was snacking on cheerios and she dropped one on the ground. Richie noticed and stepped on it, twisting his foot from side to side until it was completely smashed into powder. I think that was a much better option than bending over and picking it up. 
  • If I drop anything on the floor that Claire can eat, I point to it and tell her to eat it. So convenient. 
  • I make Richie go get me my birth control pill and my water bottle sometimes. Getting off the couch is hard to do.
Has anyone else read THIS blog? It's awesome. It's my inspiration for this next set of truths. Reasons my daughter cried today:
  • She asked for a sippy cup. I gave her a sippy cup.
  • I wouldn't let her have the toilet paper that I used to wipe. 
  • I picked her up out of her crib after she woke up in the morning. 
  • I picked her up out of her crib after she woke up from her nap. 
  • She dumped water on her head during her bath. 
  • I unzipped her jacket.
  • I rolled her sleeves up.
  • I wouldn't let her have the knife I was using to cut her lunch. 
It sounds like Claire cries a lot, but it's really nothing compared to the amount of giggles and smiles that I constantly get. I love that little girl. 

Well, it's late. Sorry for disappearing from the blogging world. I'll be better at blogging for a week or two, and then we'll be spending time with family and I'll skip out on blogging again for a while. Thanks for stopping by to read! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging. The first time I saw that game show video, I laughed myself silly!

Can't wait to see pics of the trees!