Menu

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Truth Tuesday

  • I'm still behind on blogging. Even after me going a little blog crazy the past few days. Want to know what it is? The trip to Lake Powell that I took with my family almost two months ago. There were sooo many wonderful pictures taken on that trip. Cutting out some of the photos wasn't an option. Putting every single photo into a blog post wasn't an option (unless I wanted all of you to boycott my blog). So, I've just put off blogging about it. Lame, right? 
  • Speaking of putting stuff off, I still have my voicemail on my phone set to "Lauren Gwilliam". I should probably change it.
  • That was weird to type out. Gwilliam. Lauren Gwilliam. Weird.
  • I have officially weaned Claire. She nursed for the last time on Sunday. I might have gotten a little teary-eyed. Last night was especially brutal. I gave Claire a good night kiss and tried handing her to Richie to rock her to sleep. She grabbed onto my arm with a death grip and screamed*. She wanted that milk before she went to bed. I felt so bad.
  • I might even feel worse today. Stopping nursing hurts. Why, you ask? Because my body keeps making milk and there is no where for it to go (unless I contemplate milking my self. Don't worry--I haven't stooped that low yet). Imagine a water balloon being filled way over its capacity. Seriously, guys. My boobs are on fire. ON FIRE. Which reminds me.... (go to 0:49 seconds)
That was my theme song for the day. And likely for the next few days. 

  • It seems parents are picking names for their kids that are more and more unique. Or just the spelling is unique. Kayitlynn instead of Caitlin. Payge instead of Paige. You get it. Are unique names really only a RECENT trend though? Think about it. For example, Snow White. Her name is SNOW. That's kind of weird.
  • I have a new pet peeve. It's when people say "I don't have time for that." A more correct thing to say? "I have free time. I choose to spend it doing other things." Who's with me on that one? I'll even start by setting a good example. I have plenty of time to blog each week. Sometimes I instead choose to play bubbleshooter and drink hot chocolate and read my books.
*Don't worry, Claire stopped screaming very quickly. She loves her daddy and went to bed peacefully. 

Truths about Richie:
  • We have something called a "magic floor" in our apartment. I put my dirty milk glass and cookie plate on the floor next to the sofa, and it magically makes its way to the sink. (In case you didn't pick up on it, Richie's the "magic" part about the magic floor.)
  • Richie is registered for a coding competition. Yep, you read that correctly. A coding competition. I love that he's comfortable to play up his nerdy side. 
  • I also love that Richie is okay to get a little domestic every once in a while. He made a peach pie earlier this week. It was delicious too.
  • My students have homework due tomorrow, so I've been getting a lot of emails with questions. Richie was trying to rearrange our electronics and I told him to be careful not to unplug the internet. He unplugged the internet. I still love him to death though. 
I hope everyone had a great Tuesday, and that your boobs feel way better than mine. Preece out.

4 comments:

Danny and Tarin said...

Lauren, I feel ya! Both of my kids quit nursing cold turkey, like nursing ten times a day to zero times a day. ouch. so my lil told me to call my doctor because there is a pill to help dry you up and the nurse said they stopped giving it out 20 years ago because it caused seizures, ha ha.

LaLa said...

Ouch, Tarin! That would stink. I think they should keep that pill around though. Seizures might be preferable to fire-boobs for some women. :)

sNick said...

My pet peeve is also people who say they're are too busy. I think one of the rudest things you can say to someone is, "I'm sorry I haven't called you in so long, I've been so busy!" Because you're just telling that person they're not a priority. I think it's okay to admit that you've put other things first and regret it. That's a real apology. I using refrain from ranting, especially on the internet, but c'mon now.

sNick said...

using=usually