Menu

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Truth Tuesday

It's Tuesday again. All I can think about is how behind I am in blogging about recent family events. But I know that I'll get a lecture if I miss TT, so here ya go... :)

Let's start off with a few pictures from Claire's Minnie Mouse birthday party. It was such a fun day and I can't wait to blog about it. She LOVED eating her cake. Obviously.



  • Speaking of ridiculously adorable babies... Our first truth is that Claire makes everyone baby hungry. I shouldn't say EVERYONE, but I see the way that people look at her. They think, "She's cute. What if WE had a baby that cute. I think I want a baby now." Richie and I have this goal of making all of our friends baby hungry so Claire will have lots of friends here in Logan. 
  • Every electronic in our home has a name from the Transformers toy line*. Our internet is Megatron. Richie's computer is Optimus Prime. My computer is Inferno. Our network hard drive is All Spark. Richie let me name his brand new ChromeCast. I was going to name is Bumble Bee, but I chose Scourge so he wouldn't be embarrassed. You get the idea though. We're a tad nerdy. 
  • I was out driving the other day and I was at a stop light, waiting to turn right. The light turned green but I waited because there were three pedestrians walking on the crosswalk, one of them being in a wheel chair. The car behind me started honking (a lot) for me to go.  I was so bugged that I started yelling at him, "I'm yielding to pedestrians, idiot. They have the right-of-way!" (cause ya know, the car behind me could totally hear me yelling to myself in my car.) After the pedestrians were out of the way, I slowly made my right turn. Then I continued driving at about 10 mph under the speed limit, just to bug the guy behind me. I finally made my turn-off to head home, and was so smug, thinking that I showed that mean person who was boss. 
  • Yes, I realize that the above post is completely immature. But admit it, you've totally done that before. And if not that, you've done something similar. Tailgating a car when they're going way too slow. Brake-checking someone when they're tailgating you. Let's hear it for mean Utah drivers!
  • I love big band/swing music. It was the music that was played at my wedding and I love listening to it, no matter what kind of mood I'm in. I still remember when I was first introduced to it. I was on a long road trip with my cousin and there was one CD in the car. "Everybody Loves Somebody" was on the CD and we immediately fell in love with it. We listened to it on repeat for the whole drive (I'm really sorry to whoever was driving the car. Really sorry.). Once I got home, my mom bought me a rat pack CD and I was hooked. Richie's not a huge fan of the music, but I listen to it when he's not around. :)
  • Does everyone see that new button on the top right-hand side of my blog? The bloglovin button? Well, you should click on it. I'm a believer in blog stalking, and it's how I keep track of all the blogs I follow. When you open up your internet browser, it has a tiny button that tells you how many new blog posts there are. You click on the button and it takes you to the new posts. It's great! You should do it. I also only have 3 followers so far on bloglovin, which is completely embarrassing, so help a girl out. You can even make up a fake name if you don't want me to know that you're following my blog. :)
  • Claire grabbed her plate today and literally licked it clean. I don't know if I should be proud or feel like a failure. Regardless, it was pretty funny. 
  • Home depot might be my new favorite craft store. You can buy wood, foam, wreaths, paint, etc. for SO much cheaper than a craft store. Plus, you get the what-is-that-girl-in-hot-pink-pants-doing-at-a-hardware-store-look from little old men. That's always fun. 
*If you don't know what transformers is, your life is too sheltered. Also, go HERE.

I have so many TT ideas jumbling around in my head, waiting to be written down. But I need to go finish my lecture for tomorrow, so I'm calling it a night. I hope you all have a happy Tuesday!


No comments: