Menu

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

California: Beach

We went to Laguna beach on our second day in California. This was the first time Claire went to the beach, so be prepared for tons and tons of pictures. 

Claire and Mommy

Claire and Daddy


I didn't take a video of Claire's first time walking towards the waves. I probably should have because it was hilarious. This is pretty much how it went:

"Hey look, it's sand! This is fun!"

"Woah, what am I stepping in?"

"Why is that water coming towards me?" 

"I don't know how I feel about this..."

"Get it away from me NOW!"

Claire was scared of the tide, so when we were in the water, she had one of us hold her. 


But she loved the sand! Also, it looks like it was windy that day because of Claire's hair, right? Wrong. It wasn't windy at all. Her hair was just matted to the side because of all the sunscreen we were constantly smothering on her. 

Claire loved sticking her toes in the sand...

and kicking sand all over the place.

Claire is great at taking selfies.

We weren't very good at asking people to take pictures of all three of us, but here's one of the few pictures we have with all of us in it. Of course Claire is closing her eyes. haha

Claire walked up and down the beach like she owned the place. She would walk and smile and wave at people. It was adorable. 

Like I said, adorable.

Claire finished the beach trip by eating sand and seaweed.