It's Tuesday again! Who is ready for Truth Tuesday?
- Our first truth isn't really a truth-it's more of a show-and-tell. I made this shirt for Claire. I used Richie's USU shirt, cut it apart, and made one Claire's size. I still need to hem the bottom.
- Sometimes, while Richie's away meeting with his thesis adviser, I steal his shirts and cut them apart.
- I was in a public bathroom last week, changing Claire's diaper. A little old lady came out of one of the bathroom stalls and had a toilet seat cover hanging out of the top of her sweat pants. I didn't tell her. I know, I know. It's the "women's code" to always tell other women things like this. But in my defense, at first glance, I thought it was an adult diaper hanging out.
- On Sunday we went for a walk around our neighborhood. Once we got home, Richie pointed out that one of Claire's shoes was stuck to my back the whole time. Karma?
- I've been very self-conscious about how old I look lately. My team-teacher for nursery asked me if I was 26 or 27 a few weeks ago. Do I look 27? I'm not saying that 27 is old, I'm just saying that women generally don't like looking 5 years older than they really are.
- Richie and I ordered a pizza for dinner one night last week. When I went to go throw the box in the dumpster outside, I just threw on Richie's flip flops. As I was close to the dumpster, our neighbors pulled into our parking lot. A wave of embarrassment came over me. What kind of a wife feeds their husband take-out pizza for dinner*? I wanted to get rid of the evidence before they got close enough to see me, so I tried jogging to the dumpster. Richie's flip-flops are waaay too big for me, so I tripped. I caught myself in time, but I still looked like a complete idiot, stumbling around with a pizza box, trying to frantically throw it in the dumpster.
- I really hope our neighbors don't read this blog.
Who else thinks that Richie needs to be featured in Truth Tuesday? I bet if we nag him enough, he'll do a whole post some time dedicated to just him. Here's a few truths to get the ball rolling.
- Richie always puts a lighter against his silk ties (it gets rid of dangling threads). Once, I was wearing a lace shirt and it had some dangling threads. Without asking me permission, he grabbed the lighter and flung it across my chest. It was only for a second, but I had a hole in the front of my shirt big enough to stick my head through. It was terrifying, but hilarious at the same time. I miss that shirt, but it was worth the sacrifice to be able to say, "Hey honey, remember that one time you lit my shirt on fire while I was wearing it?"
- Richie is watching the Vampire Diaries with me right now. He must love me or something.
Happy Tuesday Everyone!