Menu

Monday, June 3, 2013

Cali Trip: Part 1

A month or so ago, my parents mentioned that they were going to California to visit my brother, Jim, and his sweet little family. Being the mooch that I am, I asked if they'd fly me out there. My parents let me tag along for the trip! They're so good to me. They even got me my own hotel room so my dad's snoring wouldn't wake up Claire. My Dad also gave up his first class seat so Claire could have more room. She was very good on the flight and slept most of the way!

Claire's first plane ride

I took lots of pictures last week, so I'll divide up this trip into a few blog posts. I don't want to go all "picture happy" on one single post. All these pictures were taken at Jim and Kathie's apartment. It was so fun to be able to play with the kids and catch up.

My mom packed an extra suitcase full of toys for the kids. Yep, you read that right. A huge, over-flowing suitcase that only had toys in it. One of the first things the boys wanted to play with was their new bubble whistles.  

Claire had so much fun watching the boys play. She is already such a social, people-person! Griffin was excited that there was a baby that he could play with (his little sister is too little to play with right now). 

Claire got lots of pats on the face...

And lots of kisses... 

And she even got a lotion massage from her two cousins!

This is my new niece, Brynn. This was my first time meeting her! Isn't she just adorable? Her cheeks and thighs are so pinch-able. I'm glad I didn't have to wait any longer to meet her!

My mom and dad were in grand baby heaven!

4 out of 5 grandbabies
Before I flew to California, I sewed a dress for Brynn.



It was a little big on her, but it'll fit her for a little while. I'll make a tutorial on the dress at some point!

No comments: