Menu

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Truth Tuesday

I can't believe that it's already Tuesday again! Time sure flies by fast.


  • A few days ago, Richie was holding Claire and she spit out her binky and started crying.  I grabbed it from the floor and then tried to stick it in Richie's mouth. I must have been pretty tired that day. 
  • I play with Claire's bath toys more than she does. Have you ever played with bath toys as an adult? They're super fun.
  • Sometimes I see ideas on Pinterest and then make Richie do them with me. He's such a good sport! Today, Richie was scrubbing the grout in our kitchen with a tooth brush and resolve carpet cleaner (don't worry, I was helping too). I felt like a slave driver. It was totally worth it though. Our grout is squeaky clean. 
  • It drives me crazy when people think that doing an ab workout will target the fat on your stomach. Or that doing an arm workout will burn the fat on just your arms. It doesn't work that way. We can't choose what area of the body where fat gets burned. These "targeted" workouts target the MUSCLE, not the fat. 
  • The above "truth" came to my mind because I was browsing pinterest and saw waaaaay too many workouts being pinned. Most likely, the majority of those pins will lead to 404 errors or the link will have been removed due to "questionable content". And the pins that actually lead to real workout content? They'll probably never be read. If you can't tell, I'm not a big fan of using Pinterest for exercise related stuff. 
Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Lori Whicker said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I totally agree with you on the whole burn fat thing! My own husband is a believer in that. I try telling him that if that were the truth, then gum chewers would have freakishly skinny jaws...but they don't. It drives me insane!