Menu

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

I still remember it like it was yesterday. Early January 2012, I was awoken suddenly to Lauren jumping on the bed excitedly. She said "Guess what?! I'm pregnant!" That was the day that we found out that Lauren would be a mom, and what a mom she is! Watching Lauren be a mom has truly made my appreciation for all mothers, especially my own, grow immensely.

Lauren has gone through a lot as a mother already. She finished school with a grueling summer semester of 5 classes while being about 7 or 8 months pregnant! She has had to deal with a child that has acid reflux for months. And she has had to deal with the most difficult child of all... me.

I love watching Lauren play, love, and teach Claire every day. I know that Lauren is probably the main reason that Claire is as happy of a baby as she has become. I love knowing that they are my family for all eternity, and could not have asked for a better mother for my daughter.

I love you, Lauren! Happy Mother's day! And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life. I love and respect each and every one of you for everything that you mean to me in my life! You all are the best!


2 comments:

Heidi Hutchings said...

That about says it all! You are one lucky boy for sure in the wife dept. She is pretty amazing!

Becky said...

You are one lucky man : ) Beautiful wife, beautiful daughter and the best mother and mother in law on the planet : ) I love you Richie!