Menu

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Busy Life

SO... I'm going to complain about how busy I am. If you don't want to read my complaints, I'd suggest clicking on that red "X" in the top, right hand corner of the page. I'm also doing this on my blog because I hate when people complain how busy they are on Facebook. Not that Blogger is much better.

I'm taking 15 credits this semester, 9 of which are 5000-level math and statistic classes. I also have 3 jobs.


Job#1: I work as a peer adviser in the Math/Stat department at USU. I'm basically an assistant to the Math/Stat adviser. This job is 15-20 hours/week.

Job#2: I grade for Professor Baumgartner's Math 1010 courses. She teaches 150 students who turn in homework 4 times a week. I grade about 550 papers each week. Thank goodness for those slackers who never turn in homework. :) This job is about 9 hours/week.


Job#3: I started just today as an undergraduate research assistant under Dr. John Stevens. We're doing a research project on success rates for classes on campus opposed to online, broadcast, RCDE, etc. It should be a really good experience. The report from the last undergraduate research project under Dr. John Stevens can be found HERE. I have no idea how much time this job will be per week.

A lot of people have been asking why I didn't do high jumping this year at USU. Well, this ^ is why. I need time for school, work, and more importantly, my hubby. I missed him this past year. As for track, I will miss my team and working out every day, but it's nice to have a little extra time for myself. Plus, an undergraduate research project specific to my major is WAY too good of an opportunity to pass up. It's also nice that I'm losing all that manly muscle off my thighs.

All this being said, I'd like to note that I still make time for Star Wars, blogging, cuddling, glitter toes, and occasionally even cooking.

If you're one of those people that constantly complains about how busy you are, please take this to heart: EVERYONE is busy. Welcome to college. :)


No comments: