Menu

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tiny Baby Dress

My mom was kind enough to let me steal her sewing machine, so I decided to get right to work on a project. I found a baby dress HERE that I thought my niece, Lily, would love.

I started off by printing the pattern and cutting out the top.

Then I cut the skirt.

I "scrunched" the dress.

At this point, I got so excited that I stopped taking pictures. I sewed the bodice to the lining, and then sewed the front to the back. I sewed the piping onto the bodice, and finally sewed the skirt on. The straps tie together. The right one is supposed to be tied, but you get the idea.

I sewed pink bias tape on the bottom for a hem, but I didn't take a picture of it. I promise it's cute. :)

I also used the extra fabric to make a flower for a head band. Ignore the small pink flower. I didn't make that.
I hope Lily loves it! :)


4 comments:

Tyler said...

I think Amy now needs a dress to match. That is really cute.

Kathie said...

SO cute! I am very impressed Lauren.

Becky said...

I have the most talented daughter in law ever! It's darling.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Very impressive. Do you have your own etsy shop yet?