Menu

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One Amazing Year!

I would save this post for tomorrow, but I'm not sure if we'll have internet access, so I'm going to post it today.

One year ago, tomorrow, I married my beautiful wife, Lauren. It was the happiest day of my entire life. The day, although a blur, was perfect in every way. I knew that my decision to marry Lauren was a good one, but I realize now that I only had a small idea why.


Now that it's a year later, I have an even better idea of the wonderful decision I made on our wedding day by marrying Lauren. Over the past year I've seen Lauren's patience with me, being a stubborn person. I've seen her caring for me when I'm sick. And I've seen her love me, no matter what the condition. She has been the most perfect wife I could ever have asked for.


I love my wife. She has been good to me, and good to my family. She has fit right in from day one, and my family has accepted her and treated her like their own daughter and sister. I always love to hear my dad say things like, "It brings a smile to my face to think that you're my daughter-in-law," when talking to Lauren.

Thanks for the best year of my life, Lauren. I love you so very much!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Your wedding day was so beautiful.

Richie, that was a sweet tribute. Lauren is awesome. She is also lucky to have you!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Richie, your thoughts are wonderfully sweet--thank you for making Lauren so happy. Love you!