Menu

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 3!

Day 3 was our day at sea!

We started off our morning with a little bit of trivia. Richie impressed us all! You'd be surprised at the amount of facts this boy has memorized! :)

We sat out on our balcony for a while. We saw killer whales, humpback whales, and Dall's porpoise (kinda like dolphins). I was really bad at taking pictures of them.. but I got a picture of the spout of a humpback whale.

After whale watching, we went to a fruit cutting demonstration. The chef made a mouse, fish, and another animal that I can't remember. He did them so fast, it was amazing!

Richie and I painted a plate for a souvenir. You can't see, but there are hundreds of tiny dots around the perimeter of the plate. I won't tell you how long it took me to do it. It turned out really cute!

We all played Snowball Jackpot Bingo! We never won the $1,200 prize though. We also went to a Naturalist lecture by Michael Modzelewski. It was called "Alaska: The Last Frontier". I didn't take any pictures, obviously.

This day was also our first formal night. Aren't my parents so good looking? :)

We ended the night with British Invasion, which was pretty much a concert of all the British bands. It was really good! This picture is most of our group. John and Leisa were sea sick and didn't go to the show, and my Dad is taking the picture.
We had a fun day at sea!

No comments: