Menu

Friday, May 13, 2011

Track and Field


Our blog would not be complete without a post about track, considering I spend hours and hours on it every week! I only have one or two pictures from college, so I'll start back from my Junior year in high school.

This is probably my favorite high jump picture. I remember that it was SO cold that day. If you look at my wrist you can see that I'm wearing two layers of spandex.


I added this picture for two reasons. First, notice that my hair is curled. This particular track meet was the same day as prom. When the meet started going later and later in the afternoon, I went into the girls locker room and started curling my hair, only to return outside and compete. I went back and forth from hurdles to getting ready to the 4x100 relay to putting on make up etc. the whole afternoon. Luckily my date was also on the track team, so he didn't mind that we didn't get to do a day activity. Also notice the knee brace. I tore my PCL in December (a few weeks before track season). I spent 5 months in physical therapy. This was one of my first meets back. I was so excited!

Jumping my senior year.

Mark Faldmo home meet. Richie had never been to a track meet before, but came to support me.

My dear cousin, Hailey, and her family drove up to Logan from Salt Lake to watch me jump.

Me approaching the bar. You can see the head coach on the right side of the picture.


Clearing the bar at the Logan meet!

I don't have any pictures from this year, but they all look the same anyways!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Impressive!!! Can we get some numbers on how high that is? I think you could easily jump over my head.