Menu

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Job

As some of you may know, I got a new job a few weeks ago! I've been working in the Math/Statistics advising department at USU as an assistant. I love it so far! It's so flexible and my boss is funny, nice, and really laid-back. I'll tell a story to give you an idea of what she's like:

Today, Linda (my boss) called the phone here and talked with Kristi (one of the other assistants). Upon answering the phone, Kristi heard someone yelling into the phone in a foreign accent, saying that they needed to take a math placement test. Kristi asked when she would need to take it and what city she lived in. Linda informed her that she needed to take the placement test at midnight because she worked all day, and that she comes straight from Hell. haha. Kristi figured out pretty quick that it was Linda on the phone.

After I had worked here for a week or so, I stopped shadowing the other assistants and became an official employee. I started answering emails and making four year plans for people. One afternoon the office was very quiet, and there wasn't really anything to do. Linda asked me if I wanted an organizing project to do, or if I didn't want to be "bothered" with something. I was completely shocked. My boss ASKING me if I wanted to work? This is when I knew I was going to love this job.

Ultimately, this job is the best. It has very flexible hours, and the people that I work with are so great. Actually, I'm at work right now. I'm administering a Math Placement Test, so all I really need to do is make sure no one is cheating. haha

I bet you all wish you had a job this amazing. :)

And here's a picture.. because I never read other people's blog posts unless they have a picture on them.

This is when Richie met our sweet niece, Caydence, for the first time after getting home from his mission. Isn't it the most precious thing you ever saw? If you haven't met her, you're missing out.

No comments: